As parents, the thought of celebrating New Year’s Eve at midnight can be daunting! So why not host a kid friendly New Year’s Eve party? Even if you have a babysitter for December 31, chances are an early morning after the celebration may cause you to rethink your plans so we’ve got some other fun ideas that will suit everyone in the family.
How To Host A Kid Friendly New Year’s Eve Party
1. Timing is everything! It is not news that overtired kids do not make for a good party! Set a more kid friendly time to ring in the new year. Make it a NOON Year’s Eve event or pick early evening like 7:30 or 8pm. Pick a time zone across the world and watch their countdown fireworks!
2. Skip the confetti and use bubbles to celebrate the New Year instead.
4. Make a play list for a kid friendly New Year’s Eve dance party! If you aren’t able to make your own, try Songza.
6. Keep the crafty theme going by having kids make their own noisemakers. We love these ideas from Let’s Play Music.
7. Make some kid favourite appetizers and easy desserts to serve your guests. Skip the big meal as people tend to graze at parties and you don’t want to have to stop the fun to have everyone sit down!
8. Find a spot to set up a balloon drop! Fill a garbage bag (drawstring kind is easiest) with balloons and hang it upside down. Release the balloons during your countdown.
10. Talk about what 2016 will bring and have your kids write down some things they are looking forward to. Other great questions include ‘what was your favourite thing about 2015′ or ‘what do you want to continue in 2016 that you did in 2015′, ‘what do you want to stop in 2016 that you did in 2015’?
Happy New Year! We wish you all the best in 2016.