Here is a fun Easter Food Craft to do at home with your kids. Recipe courtesy of Jeanettes Cakes!
- 6 Kinder eggs or any other hollow chocolate egg
- 150g Cream Cheese
- 1 – 2 tablespoons milk
- 60g sifted Powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 125ml whipping cream (35% milk fat)
- For the yolks
- 2 teaspoons Mango or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Dip a sharp knife into a jug with hot water and remove the cap of the egg (the pointy side of the egg) About a 1/3 will be good.
- Mix the cream cheese, milk, vanilla extract, lemon juice and sugar with a bowl with a handheld mixer or the bowl of your stand mixer.
- Beat the cream till light and fluffy
- Fold the cream into the cream cheese mixture. Do not over beat or the mixture will become runny.
- Spoon or pipe the mixture into the prepared chocolate eggs and set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Heat the Apricot jam, butter and juice in the microwave and mix. Chill this mixture as well.
- Spoon or pipe small quantities of the “yolk” on top of the “white”
Remove the eggs from the refrigerator 10 minutes before serving.
These eggs can easily be made 1 – 2 days ahead of time, just keep them covered.